Friday, February 14, 2014

Avery Elle & Tombow Sweet Treats Blog Hop



We hope you are ready for some Lovely Ideas and Great Prizes this week from Tombow and Avery Elle. This Sweet Treats Hop is the perfect way to celebrate Valentine’s Day!! If you're here from Tombow blog, Then you’re in the right place,  if not then you may want to start at the beginning.

There are many technique you can use with the dual brush pens. 

The first technique I used was stamping with the brush pens. I colored the feather image with brush tip of the markers and stamped on the card. Since the stamp I used is small, I don't need to worry about the color dries on stamp before stamping.  If you are using a bigger stamp, you will need to mist the colored stamp with a mini mister before stamping.


I used a faux watercolor technique on my second card.  For this technique, you need to have a clean baby wipe ready. All you need to do is brushing the color on paper or card stock, and wipe it immediately with the baby wipes to the coverage and the intensity of the color you prefer. Do test on your card stock or water color paper first. Some card stock takes color right in and it is hard to blend to create the watercolor effect. Some card stock will pill when you wipe. I got best result with Neenah classic white card stock after trying three different kinds of card stocks and one watercolor paper I have at hand.



This is the Lineup of the hop

Tombow Blog
Chunyuan Wu (you are here)


Commenting for your chance to win this blog hop prize will end February 16th at Midnight EST! 
We will announce the Winner on February 17th via our Social Media outlets!

The Prize for this hop is a $50 Gift certificate from Avery Elle and $50 worth of Tombow Adhesive products.
Comment on all the Designers’ projects for your chance to win prize you are guaranteed to fall in love with! One lucky winner will get BOTH a $50 Gift certificate from Avery Elle and $50 worth of Tombow Adhesive!

Blog Prizes
To be eligible to win, please comment on each of the designers projects  and don't forget to "Like" the Avery Elle Facebook Page and "Like" the Tombow Facebook Page. If you don’t have a Facebook, still comment on the projects and we will select someone to win a prize just for playing!




Pin It

57 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

great cards! I esp love the multi colored feathers on your first one.

Bev Flora said...

Very cool, cheery and colorful. You rocked it on a snowy winter day:)

DoofyJEss2 said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Wow! What great and versatile ways to use brush-tip markers! I'm definitely going to have to try that!

Nina Yang said...

Awwww, the faux watercolor technique is sooooo cool! Can't wait to try it!! I love love your first card, Chunyuan!!! ;) Happy V Day!!

Lori Mcosh said...

So pretty

Dana said...

Gorgeous cards!!! Love the colors and techniques you used!!

Annette Allen said...

oh my word these are gorgeous.. love how you stamped the feathers.. totally fabulous..

cardsbymo.com said...

I just love the Birds of a Feather card you created! Just gorgeous!

Letty Abad said...

Great cards

Michelle (sf9erfan) said...

Oh fabulous feather cards!! I love the sequin and star accents you used on both!

Ann said...

Lovely cards and fun techniqes for each one.

Kailash said...

Gorgeous cards and love the technique, so fun!!!

conil said...

Lovely color and technique...the 2d looks intriguing. I'll have to try it.

Janis said...

Non-FBer, here. Love your card with the feathers!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com

bearsmother said...

Love the baby card. That is a trick I will have to try. I like to color my stamps with individual colors. Looks like the Tombow colors will work well for that technique. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Lisa Petrella said...

Great cards and super fun techniques! Thanks for the inspiration!

DoubleH said...

Both are very pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Teresa P. said...

I love the watercoloring effect! Thanks for the inspirations!

Linda T said...

Adorable cards. I just love the watercolor effect. Lovely ideas. Thank you.
Happy Valentines day!

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Wow! Lovely cards! Thanks for the awesome inspiration!

Milan L said...

Beautiful cards!

grandmato19 said...

The feather card is so very pretty -- adore it!

Cat Craig said...

beautiful cards, thanks for the tip on the faux watercolor technique.

Jennie Garcia said...

Gorgeous cards!! Very Lovely!
TFS!! Take Care!
Jennie

Isha Gupta said...

Beautiful card. Love the watercolor effect too.

cm said...

A stunning and gorgeous duo!
c

Jean Bullock said...

Lovely cards.

Maureen said...

Great cards! Love your faux watercolor technique!

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful cards! Love the gorgeous colors you got on the feathers in the first card, and what a cool technique on the second!

PatQ's Cards said...

I love how you use all the colors together. Your cards are stunning.

Maeghan M. said...

Love the watercolor effect on these cards! TFS!!!

Sue A said...

Beautiful cards! I just love your pretty and funky style on your cards; they're light and just plain fun!

Ange said...

Those are both really cute, love the color on the 2nd a lot.

Denisse said...

Love the watercolor effect! And thanks for those awesome tips on paper!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Love the happy colors in both cards. My favorite is the first one. TFS

abb0187 said...

I love the multi color in your feathers!

Amanglade said...

very nice

Moosisk said...

Oh what fun cards! Love the techniques you shared. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

Nancy Carroll said...

Love the cards and instructions on how to work with the inks and paper to use!

Amy C. said...

Thanks for sharing your pretty cards!

Avery Elle said...

I love these watercolor cards! So pretty!

HelenM said...

I never think to use my markers on stamps! Thanks for the inspiration

paperandflair said...

Wonderful techniques! I'm definitely going to try stamping with brush pens.

that girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dombomz said...

Absolutely love the colour scheme of your 'birds of a feather' card, the patterns really compliment each other. And the orange bow really ties it together!

Robin B. said...

Pretty cards! I love the feathers and water colors, thanks for sharing.

NatQuebec said...

What a nice idea , I'll try the watercolor technique.

Katie said...

Love both cards! The birds of a feather card is so interesting with the paper and feathers. And I love that you taught me a new technique with your second card. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

stampsilly71 said...

these techniques are so beautiful....I love the feathers and their colors! So excited about the hop!

Larissa Heskett said...

omg!! I LOVE this is so SWEET!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Weekend!! =)

~amy~ said...

Lovely work....I think I need to look into those brush pens!

Julia Hernandez said...

your cake and candles card is stunning! I love the background colors

Iris said...

So pretty - love the feathers and the watercolor look.
isoscia at aol dot com

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

These are so fabulous!

Marianne said...

Great cards. Love the faux watercolouring.

yyam said...

LOVE that first card...the stamped feathers and sentiment looks amazing!

Hippymom83 said...

What an awesome prize! THanks for the giveaway!