Tuesday, January 28, 2014

String Art Cards

Hi I have two cards to share today.  I had the idea for a while. I tried to sketch it out and did not have anything I like.  Until a couple days ago, I had a light bulb moment.

For the first card, I cut four color pinked circle with Pinked Elle-ment die.  Then wrapped the embroidery floss diagnoally and adhered them to card front.  The big stylish sentiment from Circle it set is perfect for this card.  It is entered into CAS-ual Fridays: CFC126 color block challenge.


I used several embroidery floss colors on my second card.  I added a die cut from Simply Love ELLE-ment die and the simple sentiment heat embossed on black card stock.


Thanks for stopping by,



Pin It

11 comments:

Wida said...

Oh my these 2 are gorgeous!!!

Virginia L. said...

Both are so FABULOUS!! Love how you used these stamps and strings!

Marlena M. said...

Absolute PERFECTION Chunyuan! The first card looks like little umbrellas from the view of the sky~

Shelly said...

WOW! Both cards are amazing! Love how you used the floss and the colors used on both are wonderful. :)

donna mikasa said...

So cool, Chunyuan! Love them both!

donna mikasa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deepti said...

Beautiful cards, love the brilliant idea of using twine on ur first card :)

Deepti said...

Beautiful cards, love the brilliant idea of using twine on ur first card :)

Deb said...

Chunyuan, both of these cards are perfectly executed! I am totally living the floss. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kelly Griglione said...

Eeek! So very CREATIVE, Chunyuan! Love the way the pinked circles with floss look like tiny drink umbrellas. So glad to see you in the CAS-ual Fridays gallery : )

Katie Ann Brooks said...

really fun use of the string, brilliant!