Thursday, May 2, 2013

Avery Elle May Release Blog Hop

It is going to be fun and exciting today with the new Avery Elle May release. There are not only new stamp sets coming out this month, but also matching dies, sequins, three new cardstock color, and matching ribbons. I love this release and I think you are going to love it!

We have a new design team memeber- Donna Mikasa! I am a huge fan of Donna’s clean and fresh style. She has a great eye for color! Welcome, Donna!

Our guest designers for this month is fabulous Amy Kolling!

My cards today are featuring The Man stamp set.  Here is the image of the stamp set.  Fun, trendy and modern.  Just Jamie style.


I combined it with my favorite Avery Elle stamp set To the point for my first card.  I am loving this yellow, mint, and orange color combo now.



I used the bottle and the filler in the same color combo on the second card. The maple wood grain card stock is perfect for masculine card.  I also added a few kraft sequins.  It seems to me sequins are associated to feminine design.  But this kraft sequin blend would also be fun on a masculine card.  What do you think?


This card is also entered into Less is More Week 117 sketch challenge and Simon Says Happy Mail challenge.

Here is the complete list of the blog hop. Your next stop is Nina Yang.

Avery Elle / Jamie
Chunyuan Wu
Nina Yang 
Heather Campbell
JJ Bolton
Amy Kolling
Donna Mikasa
Kasia Curry

To celebrate our May Release Blog Hop, Avery Elle is giving away a $25 Gift Certificate to one winner. 

You have until midnight Sunday, May 5th to enter.  The winner will be announced on the Avery Elle Blog on Monday, May 6th .  All products are now available for purchase in the Avery Elle store.

To increase your chances of winning:
  1. Comment on any of the design team's posts & here on the Avery Elle Blog
  2. Tweet the contest (we are @averyellestamps )
  3. Share us with your friends on Facebook (we are www.facebook.com/AveryElle ) and make sure they tell us you sent them.
  4. Pin one of the May Release projects from here or the design team’s blogs to Pinterest
  5. Like us on Facebook (comment on the Avery Elle blog if you already like us)
  6. Become a blog follower (comment on the Avery Elle blog if you already follow us)
  7. Join our Flickr group (comment on the Avery Elle blog if you already belong)
Keep hopping along and have fun!!

PS. I have an Avery Elle gift card giveaway which ends Sunday May 5th.  Just go to the link and tell me your favorite apps for paper crafting :)


Pin It

53 comments:

Jennifer Jackson said...

Really great cards! I especially love the soda pop in the different colors- looks so yummy!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Fab cards! Love the second card very much!

Jackie said...

Wonderful cards! I love that maple wood grain card stock, and the bottles of soda in different colors.

Elena said...

Fantastic cards! What a fun set!

Avery Elle said...

I love both of these cards so much! You are right - This color combo is great! Thanks for the amazing inspiration as always!

Nina Yang said...

Love both cards! The color combo is so fresh and fun!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful cards, especially loving that great bold, modern first one, such a fun sentiment too!

MichelleZ said...

Great cards! The soda bottles are my favorite. Yummy. :)

Kristie Goulet said...

Great cards!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

What fun cards!

Chris L.

Lindsay said...

Seriously fab cards Chunyuan!!

marylouh said...

I love both of your cards. The sequins add to the card - they don't look feminine. Great job.

donna mikasa said...

Love your cards, Chunyuan! Especially on that yummy woodgrain card stock!

Troy Louise Seegmiller said...

Very nice card. Love the woodgrain and the multi colored pop bottles.

Happy Dance said...

Great cards! Love the sentiment on your first card! My dad would so laugh! That woodgrain is perfect for a masculine card too. Great new release! Bev

Nancy L. said...

awesome sets!

Chark said...

looks great!

fun stamping said...

Such pretty cards - especially the first one!

Sue McRae said...

Fun and colourful cards!

Lisa Petrella said...

SUPER FUN creations!!! What a great stamp set for making masculine cards!!!

Chrissie said...

What great Father's Day cards... I love them both!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

yyam said...

Lovely cards Chunyuan.
I love the colours and the beautiful stamping!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

love the color combos! And I really love the bottles on that woodgrain! Thanks!

Elena said...

I think that this set is one of my favorite of the new release. I love the saying on the first card!

Crafty Math Chick said...

LOL, I LOVE that 'the man, the myth, the legend' sentiment - AWESOME! I like the woodgrain embossing too!

Sue D said...

Great color combo on both cards. I like the wood grain and sequins on the second card.

Karen B. said...

Those sure are some cool maculine cards!

Tracy MacLoughlin said...

beautiful!

Jean Bullock said...

Oh my gosh! This is such a great stamp set. Love the sentiments. Both cards are cool! My favorite is the one with the woodgrain background. Love them.

hopefulcrafter said...

I love the card with the soda pop on it, I really like this set. Thanks for sharing.

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome creations!!!

Sparkle Smith said...

Such fabulous cards!

lostinpaper said...

Both cards are just fab Chunyuan. Love how you have double stamped the first card's sentiment!

maria f. said...

Kraft sequins? Cool. Sounds perfect for beer bubbles to me!

Cheryl Hutcherson said...

Love your cards! Loving the blog hop!

Jingle said...

I LOVE these! Such super cute cards!

{VICKI} said...

Fun cards!
tfs

Denise Bryant said...

Fun cards! Love your color combos!

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVING the cards!! Your FUN Designs and the Color combo is Perfect!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Weekend!! =)

Mary-Anne V said...

Wow great DAD cards...love the chevrons on the first and the trio of drinks on the second with the great woodgrain paper.

Barb Ghig said...

LOVE both cards, especially how you stamped the sentiment on the first one...very clever!

heartforhandmade said...

Very nice cards, I love both. Thanks for the inspiration

Kelly Griglione said...

Me too, me too!!! I love this color combination of yours! The soda bottles with the stray fizz sequins are just so charming!

sanketi said...

Superb cards..Love them both!

conil said...

Think I'm lovin' this color combo too AND what you did with it.

Lizzy C said...

Such fun cards!! I think I may need to get this stamp set now... :)

Christina said...

I love those colorful bottles against the woodgrain, and the kraft sequins are the perfect accent! Such a fun design on your first card, too.

Indy said...

Eek! This is a fabulous set for males! Your inspiration cards really showcase this set well!

Lyndal said...

FABULOUS new stamps & dies. Love your texture & bold colours - gorgeous cards Chunyuan!

mypapercraftworld said...

Fab cards, love how the chevrons point to the sentiment and how you used sequins on a manly card! Anita :)

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Perfect colour combo!! I love how different each card is - great chevrons on the first, more graphic card, and the awesome bottles of pop against the woodgrain on the second! Awesome!!

Sarah J. Moerman said...

Wonderful cards! Love the fresh color combo and fabulous designs! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

cards by cara said...

Both of these are such great fun designs - good use of colours.