Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Ten minutes Craft Dash Challenge #6

 

Today, Avery Elle sponsors the 10 minute craft dash challenge using the colors in the above graphics.  I am the slowest card maker. I can say I am pretty fast and efficient in many other areas.  But not when it comes to card making, it takes me hours to make one card.  This is definitely a challenge to me. 

So before I started, I read the tips and tricks Paulina put together.  And I came up a few more strategies might work for me - use only card stock, no patterned paper since it always takes me even more time if I use patterned paper; keep it one layer; use stamp with bigger image to cut down the time for stamping; use stamps that I used before and am comfortable with.

With these in minds, I pulled out the stamps, the inks and the card that I already cut and scored, and set the timer. Stamping went pretty smooth. It was done under 9 minutes!



Check out the rest of the Avery Elle DT for more inspiration. Jamie provoided $20 gift certificate to Avery Elle store for a winner.

Jamie Gracz (Avery Elle blog)
Heather Campbell
Kasia Curry
JJ Bolton
10 minutes craft dash challenge

Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:
cardstock: Avery Elle card stock
Stamp: Avery Elle fanfare set, to the point set
Ink: Fresh ink mango, ginger, provicial grey, memento tuxedo black
 
Pin It

13 comments:

Annette said...

wow great card...love the design..

donna mikasa said...

Such a neat design, Chunyuan!

Deb said...

Ha, I thought I was the slowest card maker! I still do. You did a fabulous job creating your card in 9 minutes. I've yet to participate in the challenge because of my speed. Thanks for the encouragement!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is a fantastic card, love those chevrons.

Karen B. said...

So gorgeous! Love the soft lines and soft colors to go with it.

yyam said...

Oooh...this is so pretty!:)

JJ Bolton said...

You did such a great job Chunyuan! Love the way you put the sentiment on an angle:). Hope you are having a great week!

Avery Elle said...

Chunyuan this is fantastic! I love the way you "lined up" the arrows!

Lea L. said...

This is really pretty! I love the arrows, and the colors of them!

Rachel W K said...

i love this challenge idea, i could really use the practice! you created an amaaazing card! i love it!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

lostinpaper said...

LOVE the idea of a quick card... especially if it turns out as wonderful as this! Well done you!

TLady said...

Chunyuan, HOPE ALL IS WELL!!!!!!!!
I'm looking for the Paper Crafts Connection BLOG Hop!
Your card looks GREAT!!!!!!!!! :) (I'll BET I'm SLOWER than you in making cards! :) )
FABULOUS WORK HERE!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Jackie Rockwell said...

I have a soft spot for sentiments on an angle! Fantastic design!!!