Saturday, November 17, 2012

CASE study #117

For my Die Cutting for Paper Crafters blog hop, scroll down or click here
 

This month at CASE study,  the muse is fabulous Angeline Young.  She is one of my favorite designer.  Her elegant CAS style is impeccable.  I was hoping to play along since the beginning of the month.  Of course I already missed the first two challenges. 

This week we are casing this card of hers.  I love the symmetric stamping and the dimension of the layered mother and baby birds.


Here is my interpretation.  I used the same theme and layout of Angeline's card.  I stamped Avery Elle ikat pattern in famine colors and die cut the bird in cork.


It is also entered into Moxie Fab World Paper Crafting Tips & Tricks: The canvas, cork and burlap challenge.

If you have been admiring the Avery Elle stamps, I have 15% off discount code for you - DAHLIAS.  It is valid until Nov 24th and works for any stamp sets in stock. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:
cardstock: Avery Elle card stock
Stamp: Avery Elle ikat pattern, PTI mega mixed message, script sentiments
Ink: Fresh ink ginger, mango, pink lemonade, sugar, honey, memento tuxedo black

Die; Memory box perched bird


Pin It

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Absolutely beautiful spectrum of colors Chunyuan...great take on the CASE!

~amy~ said...

oooohhh...love how you were inspired. Such pretty stamping and I adore that bird!

Wida said...

Your color choice is so beautiful, set off perfectly with the cork bird. I love it!!!

Elizabeta Kushner said...

Beautiful :)

Jeanne J said...

Chunyuan - Your card is beautiful - I love the rainbow of colors and THANK YOU so much for the discount code - I think I might have to buy this set now!!

Rachel W K said...

so beautiful and i love the colors. thanks for the discount :)
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Marlena M. said...

This is really cute Chunyuan! I love the colors~

Sparkle Smith said...

Such lovely cards!

xiumaiyuki said...

oh, wow! I love the assorted colors... they look so pretty all lined up!

lostinpaper said...

So totally COOL Chunyuan! Your bg pattern is perfect as is that fab cork bird!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I totally need some cork :)

Debby said...

Love the contrast of cork against the sweet colours! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

Melissa said...

L-O-V-E this! So pretty and that cork bird is fantastic!!! :)

Karen B. said...

Such a cool card! Your use of this bird die made me go an purchase one a while back!