Monday, July 30, 2012

Moxie Fab World: The hooked on hexagon challenge

I have a last minute card for the current the Hooked on hexagon challenge over at Moxie Fab World.  I love this geometric shape.  Today's card is inspired by this photo Cath shared as inspiration for the challenge.


Here is my take.  I die cut the hexagons from vellum and then sponged the distress ink to created the colored translucent hexagon. The hexagons were arranged and layered  around the sentiment.


It is also entered into Simon Says Stamp Challenge: anything goes and Embellish dry emboss color trend challenge.

Thanks for stopping by.

card: cardstock: Avery Elle card stock (white, kraft)
Stamp: Avery Elle framed fonts stamp 

Ink: Tim Holtz barn door, worn lipstick, spice marmalade,  memento tuxedo black
Other: PTI woodgrain impression plate

Pin It

23 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Perfect take on the photo, Chunyuan! Love the translucent hexagons!

Brandi said...

This is fabulous and fits the inspirational photo perfectly!

Arlene said...

Absolute perfect take on your photo inspiration!

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous! LOVE how this turned out! The colors are so bright and I love that you used vellum!

Kara said...

beautiful!

Cath said...

Hey Chunyuan! Thanks again for linking up to the Hooked on Hexagons Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Lynn said...

Perfection. Love the clean yet gorgeous texture.

Laura B. said...

Gorgeous!

Stephanie said...

I love this! Such a great design & very striking :) x

Cristina said...

So pretty. Love the woodgrain texture, too. Adds that little something something.

Annette said...

gorgeous card...love your take on the inspirational image...

nancy jane said...

I am so glad that you made this card. Like you, when I saw that inspiration photo, I wanted to make a card based on it. Unlike you, I got sidetracked and went in a different direction. Your card looks incredible with the overlapping vellum, perfect with that sentiment.

Ginny said...

FABULOUS card! The hexagons are perfectly arranged!

Virginia L. said...

Love seeing how the photo inspired you! Truly awesome, Chunyuan!

lostinpaper said...

Oh My Chunyuan, this is the perfect take on the inspiration!! I just love everything about it!

~amy~ said...

perfect!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Your card is fabulous!! It matches the cake perfectly!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Wendy said...

Nice take on the challenges. I really like what you came up with...if I had found time to play along that is the inspiration photo that i would have used too. I love how the over laying of the translucent exagons looks.

xiumaiyuki said...

You always have the best interpretation of everything. Love this gorgeous card. Those hexies on wood grain look fabulous!

Karen B. said...

Simply stunning! I really like the embossed background here as well.

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous take on the photo, Chunyuan! Your hexagons are fabulous and I love the embossed background. :)

Suzanne D. said...

Amazing take on the photo, Chunyuan! Beautiful colors!

Wida said...

how did I miss all these posts? I pinned this cake and just love the look, your interpretation is perfect!