Friday, June 22, 2012

Young Crafter Unite Challenge #11: Many Layers


Hi everybody, it is time for another challenge at Young Crafters Unite. The theme is many layers.  CAS is my go-to style, and I usually keep the layers to minimum.  I spent quite long time to figure out how to add layers and still keep it my style.  I used some new My Mind's Eye paper, trimmed three paper panels and layered.  Two felt butterflies were die cut using Amuse butterfly trio and layered. Three more butterflies were die cut from card stock to add a few more layers and some interest.  I thought about adding a stamped sentiment and decided not to.  I like how it turned out.  Hope you will too.


You can check out the fabulous DT for more inspiration:

Stephanie
Chari
Danielle
Jen
Marie
Britta

I hope you find time to play along. Simon Says Stamp is sponsoring us with a $25 gift certificate to their fabulous online store!

I am also entering this card to Paper Crafts magazine go-to gal Kim Kesti's Crafty month challenge: using one old item (butterfly die here) and one new item (MME paper).
Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:
cardstock: recollection rustic white
paper: My Mind's eye, be happy
Die: Amuse butterfly trio.

Pin It

18 comments:

Annette said...

Good Morning Chunyuan...

this is gorgeous...I love how you embossed the butterflies and love the card-stock...such a pretty card...

Lynn said...

Gorgeous Chunyuan!

Brandi said...

This turned out fabulous! I love that patterned paper!

JJ Bolton said...

So pretty Chunyuan!

maria f. said...

lovely. beautiful. darling!

xiumaiyuki said...

Just the perfect amount of layers to keep it CAS. Its gorgeous! Love the embossed butterflies!

lostinpaper said...

Fantastic Chunyuan! Love how you have created all those layers and still kept the CAS design! SO so clever!

Lalo said...

Not a layers person but I'm going to try. You made layers look so soft a beautiful!!!

Jenny said...

ooo a tough call...... layers and CAS! You did an amazing job though, love the soft colours and layered papers and the tone on tone butterflies give a subtle interest to the card base too :0)
Jenny x

Stephanie @ A Steph-Made Life said...

The words on the card describe the card perfectly! It's gorgeous!!

Alice Wertz said...

love the subtle cardstock butterflies on the background. and how you used those patterned paper. beautiful card, Chunyuan! hope you have a lovely weekend! =)

Deb said...

Chunyuan, this is beautiful! I love all the layers, yet still CAS and still you!! Fabulous, friend!!!

Karen B. said...

I think this is great for reaching outside your comfort zone. Beautiful and classic!

Rose said...

this is so pretty :)

yyam said...

Wow! This is sooooo pretty. Love the subtle embossing on the base.

Cristina said...

Wow! I feel like this is a little bit different for you, but it's gorgeous. So soft and serene, and lots of interest, but still so clean.

Aimes said...

The more I look at this card, the more I find to admire! Way to layer it up in a fabulous CAS style!
Hugs!
x

Keith and Kim Kesti said...

Love, love! You just have the best style! Thanks for playing along - Kimmers