Saturday, May 19, 2012

MFW Card Creation Week; Gingham challenge

Today's card is for Moxie Fab World Card Creation Week: Gingham challenge.  Gingham pattern is always associated with baby for me. So I made a welcome baby card.


PTI large gingham pattern was stamped on light blue card stock and die cut to create the waves. Small gingham pattern was stamped in blue and red on white card stock for little sailboat's sail.  I don't have any sailboat stamp or die.  I hand drew and cut out the parts of the sailboat and assembled it.

I have been really enjoying the Card Creation vol 10 magazine so far.  There are so many creative ideas to love and the perfect execution to admire.  This is my favorite issue so far.  If you have not got a copy yet, go and get one, you won't be disappointed.


It also entered into Simon Says Stamp challenge: clean and simple.

Edit to add;  Jenny reminded me that this card also fits Less is More Challenge; week 68: Baby or child.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

Supplies
cardstock: PTI select white, true black, kraft,  Bazzill ocean breeze
Stamp: PTI gingham background, Amuse essential sentiments
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Fresh ink island, red current,
Other: PTI  border die,

Pin It

37 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Such a sweet baby card with the perfect touch of gingham! Your sailboat is better than any die cut!

Jenny said...

Your card is Such a creative idea and perfectly executed too...amazing that you hand drew the little sailboat and gingham is the perfect pattern for a baby card :0)
This would fit in so well at Less is More this week.
Jenny x

Lynn said...

This is an absolutely adorable baby card! Love all the gingham and the sweet little sailboat!

xiumaiyuki said...

Love your use of gingham here!

VanessaB said...

sooooooooooooooo ADORABLE!! :)

Rose said...

adorable!!! :)

Laura B. said...

this is so perfect! I love the gingham sailboat and waves!!!

Annette said...

this is just the cutest...i love it...

yyam said...

Awww....so sweet! Love the pretty colours! :)

Deb said...

This is so fabulous! I can not believe that you drew this sailboat! Wow! Love your card!!

Chrissie said...

It's great to see you at "Less is More", I'm so pleased that Jenny pointed you in our direction!
This is gorgeous... a perfect CAS card for a child... your boat is awesome and the stamping is so crisp!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Marijke said...

very nice card

Julie said...

How lovely! You've really crafted a special card here!

Arlene said...

Love the simplicity of this...absolutely beautiful! :)

Debbie said...

Such a sweet baby card and just perfect totally gorgeous
Debbie
:))

Kath said...

Fabulous card - I love the gingham sails.
Kath x

Pia S said...

This is so sweet. Lovely CAS design!

Lynne said...

Gingham and babies were made for each other.
Your card is terrific. Love the gingham waves.
Lynne xxx

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Wonderful design! LOVE your sweet card!
Have a great week, hugs, Karin

lostinpaper said...

Gingham perfection Chunyuan! I adore it!

Karen B. said...

This is perfection! So cute! The layers are wonderful, without being overwhelming. So cool!

Julie S. said...

What an adorable baby card! I know what you mean about gingham = babies. Me too.

Thank you for the nice comment on my blog BTW. Made my day. :)

Trinh said...

Perfect way to use the gingham! I love the little boat you created. Way cuter than any die cut we could buy!

Cristina said...

Totally sweet and perfect.

Jackie Rockwell said...

This is a winner in my book! So creative to cut your own sailboat! I agree, I tend to think of gingham for baby as well. LOVE this card!

Sally H said...

That is just gorgeous! I love it!

pamela said...

Pretty! I love the sailboat!

Angi said...

This is sooo much fun! Love the sailboat!

Mandi said...

It's great to see you again at Less is more Chunyuan
Your card is absolutely fantastic
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Roxie said...

This is so cute, love the waves!

JJ Bolton said...

Just the perfect baby card!

Joy said...

In awe of your cute little boat, so sweet... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

kingstonmama said...

I love this baby card, Chunyan. Your little sailboat is fabulous. Gingham is perfect for babies! Ann Y.

Jenny @ I-dream-in-paper.blogspot.co.uk said...

That boat is just the cutest thing. Love it.

Deanna said...

Precious card!

Wida said...

how did I miss this one??? cuz I love it, yes I do!!1

postcard printing said...

Your work is very great and you have a wonderful idea about the card. I love this baby card, Chunyan! The boot style of the card very awesome.