Friday, April 27, 2012

Silhouette happy


A quick card for Paper Crafts April challenge with silhouettes and cameos. Instead of using my silhouettes and cameo stamps and stickers, I decided to use negative die cut and create a colorful silhouette bird family, inspired by this picture on Pinterest.

The nestled bird die is from Poppy Stamp.  I die cut the eclipse tape and used the negative as a mask to ink the silhouette in bright colors.  Wish I had the heartfelt mix stamp set from Wplus9 to stamp the cute lines for the birds to perch.  Necessity is the mother of creativity.  I picked out a plate from my kitchen cupboard and drew the lines with a black precision pen.

It is also entered into Simon Says Stamp challenge: anything goes.

Thanks for stopping by, happy Friday!

Supplies
cardstock: PTI select white, mis card scrap
Stamp: Hero Arts my happy
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Fresh ink island, mango, peach, strawberry
Other: Poppy stamp nestled bird die, black precision pen, plate

Pin It

28 comments:

Brandi said...

I saw this in the flickr gallery earlier and thought it was so cute!

Virginia L. said...

Beautifully done!! I love love the colors and design!

Mirta Sanchez said...

Well, you do have skills! This is absolutely perfect! And I've got a new technique to try out!

Lalo said...

Saw this in the gallery...It just catches the eye! Great soft colors and graphics :)

Sara Mac said...

Wonderful and adorable card! I love that you used the negative die cut for the bird images. Very clever. Love the colors too.

Ginny said...

This card makes ME happy!! Beautifully done!

Laura B. said...

Love, love, love this SO much!

Colleen Dietrich said...

It's wonderful how you echoed the birds' colors in those strips below, Chunyuan!

JJ Bolton said...

So fresh! I love it!

Karen B. said...

Over and over again, I say the same thing. This is beautiful.

Deb said...

Simply beautiful! I love how household items help us craft. I will have to keep that in mind.

Annette said...

this is amazing...love how you stamped the birds and such a great color combo...love this Chunyuan....

Have a great weekend...

Wida said...

so springy and happy! I love it!

lostinpaper said...

Gorgeous design! Love the colours and those sweet bird silhouettes!

Rachel W K said...

immediately in love. i think i need to scrap-lift! youve inspired me, thank you!!!

Christina said...

LOVE this! You're so clever to make your own silhouette using the negative die cut, and I love the simple colored strips under the sentiment!

~amy~ said...

AWESOME take on your inspiration...LOL...did you notice then I started to get side tracked by your pinterest boards?!

Cristina said...

*Sigh.* Adore.

Arlene said...

Such a brilliant idea...absolutely gorgeous card. :)

Jenny said...

Just brilliant Chunyuan... I've seen that image on Pinterest too :0)
I love to buy stash but it's so much fun when you can find a way around a need with an everyday item or idea :0)
Jenny x

Alice Wertz said...

fabulous take on the challenge. love the clever way that you used to create the birds. love the yummy colors, too. fabulous work as always, Chunyuan!

Jen W. said...

Such a gorgeous entry for the silhouettes challenge! Those birds are adorable and I love the little coloured strips at the bottom. :)

GuestFirst said...

Great dreams of great dreamers are always transcended.Guest house facility in Guindy

Jackie Rockwell said...

LOVE your CAS style! The multicolored birds sitting on the wire is soooo clever!

donna mikasa said...

wonderful card, Chunyuan! I love your take on silhouettes!

kerenbaker said...

This is really beautiful- love your style! Thanks for your lovely comments x

Packer said...

Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Packers and movers in Chennai

Paru Mahtani said...

Wow! I love it!
I loe the lines!!