Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sending You Sunshine

Today's card is for two challenges - Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger: watercolor butterfly and Lily Pad Virginia's View challenge #4.

 

These airy watercolor butterflies are so pretty against the white background. I had several different ideas until I saw the inspiration picture of Virginia's challenge. The sheer texture of the poppy really grabbed my eye and reminded me of one of Virginia's card using coffee filter.  The flowers she created have the same watercolor effect and transparency.  That's what I wanted my butterflies be.

So I got my coffee filter and started to work.  I inked the coffee filter with distress ink pad randomly, spritzed, and watched magic happen. Half hour later, it was ready to die cut. You can always use your heat tool to speed up the process.  I just happen to have enough stuff to tidy up after kids' bedtime.

It was really difficult to balance my proclivity for decorating my card with a ton of butterflies, but not saturating my entire card with this motif. The stitch on the top left corner of my card was to reflect the decorative stitches from the dress.


It is also entered into Simon Says Stamp challenge: anything goes.

Thanks for stopping by, almost Friday!

Supplies
cardstock: PTI select white,
Stamp: PTI simple sunflowers
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Rangers barn  door, spice marmalade, spun sugar
Other: PTI butterfly die, Amuse butterfly trio, coffee filter, twinery baker's twine

Pin It

23 comments:

Laura B. said...

So gorgeous!!

Lalo said...

This is beautiful!!! Saw that coffee filter idea and wanted to give it a try because it totally looks like transparency without so much of a mess. Great job :)

Jenny said...

Te butterflies are so delicate...the filter paper was the perfect material to use Chunyuan...love it :0)
Jenny x

Gayatri said...

Very beautiful!

Jen W. said...

This is stunning! Your butterflies look amazing and I love the little stitch in the corner! :)

lostinpaper said...

Stunning Chunyuan! These butterflies are glorious!

Wida said...

that's what a real butterfly looks like, transparent. I love the idea of the little stitch next to the sentiment. It's a winner to me!

Brandi said...

Wow! Those butterflies and the layout is awesome!

Annette said...

Gorgeous...love how you used a coffee filter...

xiumaiyuki said...

Stunning!! Seriously.stunning.

Rachel W K said...

such a pretty card, i love that you got some inspiration from Virginia! its so calming and pretty :)

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Karen B. said...

Just breathtaking.

Nancy said...

I love this card! The colors are gorgeous and the beautiful butterfly design is simply exquisite! I'm so glad you shared this with us at Lily Pad Cards!

Rose said...

goodness this is beautiful!!! :)

Michelle said...

So pretty!

~amy~ said...

You are chock full of talent...this is simply gorgeous!

Virginia L. said...

Oh.me.oh.my!! This is so stunning!I am so honored to inspire you for the coffee filter idea! Your execution with the water coloring is brilliant! Beautiful take on the TT! Thank you SO much, Chunyuan! Blog friends like you just makes card-making/blogging so much more fun and exciting! HUGS!

Virginia L. said...

And....thanks so much for playing with us at Lily Pad!

Larissa Heskett said...

I LOVE your take on the challenge!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Deb said...

This is gorgeous!

Cath said...

Hey Chunyuan! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Alice Wertz said...

this is so pretty! your butterflies are gorgeous!

Ali said...

This is so pretty i like your beautiful work...
Plastic cards