Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink April Blog Hop

It's the 25th of the month which means a lot of inspirations using PTI stuff.  The theme for April blog hop is inspiration challenge with the following picture.

There are so many inspirations on the fun colorful stacks of fabrics.  I decided to go with the floral and polka dots pattern.

I stamped and created the stripe, floral, and polka dot fabric patterns.  Then cut them into banners of different size and layered.  That big "happy" from Pretty Peony adds the perfect pattern to this card.  The color and patterns on this picture screams a mother's day card to me. 


Did you notice the matching muslin bag? It fits an A2 card or a small gift. I used Fresh ink on my card and matching color Memento dye ink on muslin.  Here is the bag itself.


It is also entered into Simon Says Stamp challenge: anything goes.

Thanks for stopping by.  I am going to hop for some great inspiration now.

Supplies:
cardstock: PTI select white, soft stone, spring rain,  
Stamp: PTI rosie posie, polka dot I, pretty peony, AMuse mad for plaid
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, rosebud, pear tart, Fresh ink island, fucshia, basil
Other: muslin, sewing machine, offray ribbon,

Pin It

34 comments:

Laura B. said...

Beautiful banners! What a cute muslin bag!

Wida said...

really beautiful, as always :)

Nancy L. said...

so pretty!

jen said...

This is so pretty! Love how you incorporated so many of the patterns! And your bag is fab! :)

Lisa said...

I knew you would have a pretty card today Chunyuan and this little muslin bag is an absolute delight!

paperella said...

Fabulous project, Chunyuan! You inspired me to try stamping on fabric more often :)

Mayol said...

I love how you used the banners! And the muslin bag is so adorable!

janmjax said...

What an awesome job of creating patterned papers for your banners and that bag is sooo pretty!

Karen said...

I never think to stamp strips of paper, and it was certainly wonderful here. One more thing to add to my "to do when making cards" list! Love that little bag! It would be perfect for two Mother's Day gifts I have. Must look around for some muslin. Thanks for all the inspiration!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card and muslin bag Chuntuan, I have yet to ink up my 'happy' from that set but it is so fabulous.

Cecilie said...

Beautiful! I love the layers of stamped papers and the colours are perfect. Great take on the inspiration.

Jenny said...

Love the patterned banners Chunyuan, the way you've layered them is brilliant :0)
Jenny x

Leigh said...

Ooh, I love your patterned banners! So pretty!

Sherrie M. said...

Great idea with the banners.....such a pretty card.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Your card is WONDERFUL! Love your bag too - such perfect takes on the picture!
Have a great day and a great hop, hugs, Karin

Anne said...

What a cool card and I LOVE that bag.

N@ said...

very pretty, love that happy stamp! clever bag too

Aman said...

Beautiful! Colors!

Michelle said...

Beautiful banners, Chunyuan! And that bag is so sweet! :-)

Suzanne Russell said...

Beautiful stamping to create your own patterns! I love the way you used banners to interpret the challenge.

Cyndie said...

Oh how CUTE your card and matching bag are! Love the idea!

Hollie Shepard said...

Love this! I love the small gift bag, I need to try and do that.

Veronica Z said...

I love love your card and matching gift bag! I love the stamping you did on your strips. Beautiful work!

Denisse said...

gorgeous! and that muslin bag!! oh my super cute!

Joyce said...

What a pretty card, and that bag is just too cute.

Marybeth said...

I love this card it is just gorgeous! The printed banners are so beautiful.

victoria h said...

Love your muslin bag- great idea.

lostinpaper said...

Fabulous! Those patterned strips are a perfect take on the inspiration and as for the bag.... WOW!

Kelly Griglione said...

Just love your layered banners, and then I read that you made the patterns yourself! Love that you stamped those. Great card, Chunyuan!

carol (krillsister) said...

Great layering of the banners. The canvas bag is so pretty. very creative.

Deb said...

Love your layers of banners! Fabulous card!

Kristii said...

Love, love, love, all the banners!!! What a beautiful card!!!

Cheryl said...

Yes, great minds do think alike :). I actually like yours better than mine, with the varying widths. Beautiful projects.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty! The matching muslin bag is beautiful!