Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Embellish Chevron Color Trends Challenge


The reason I love the challenges at Embellish blog is the theme of a trend and the four color palette. Of course the design team is top notch.  I have to admit that using four colors is hard for me.  But the projects from the DT are always so inspirational and trendy.  


Chevron is one of my favorite pattern and I have to play. I wanted to keep the card as one layer.  I used the widest chevron from the PTI chevron background and stamped the bottom half of the card. The frame and the sentiment are from PTI anniversary set Pretty Peony.  You may wonder where the purple color is?  It is the purple pearl in the center of the rolled rose.

I had a few productive days in term of paper crafting. This is my second post of the day.  But don't look at my house. 

Thanks for visiting.

Supplies:
cardstock: PTI select white,
Stamp: PTI chevron background, pretty peony
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Fresh ink provincial grey
Other: pink felt, spellbinder blossom dies

Pin It

18 comments:

Annette said...

gorgeous card...love the chevron pattern and those flowers are so pretty...

Laura B. said...

Soft, gorgeous, perfect!

Karen B. said...

This is beautiful, I agree, so soft and pretty!

Jenny said...

I love how you use colours from challenges ...always the perfect balance.
This is so pretty and a fab design :0)
Jenny x

Cristina said...

Perfect! Four colors are always hard for me, too. Hee. But you nailed it.

yyam said...

Wow! This is so soft and pretty! :)

Rose said...

soft and pretty it is :)

Wida said...

its a winner to me, but all your cards are.

Lalo said...

This card is beautiful!!!

lostinpaper said...

I'm stumped for words... this is stunning Chunyuan!

Arlene said...

Love how delicate this card looks...it's beautiful.

Ginny said...

Perfect card, Chunyuan!! Another winner.

Jen W. said...

I love how the flowers pop off this beautiful one layer card and the pearls are the perfect touch!

sanketi said...

Lovely!

~amy~ said...

excellent job on the challenge...I can't seem to do 4 color challenges...your card is absolutely fabulous!

Christina said...

Beautiful balance of the colors and such a lovely design, Chunyuan. The chevron is so perfectly stamped!

Larissa Heskett said...

I LOVE your fun take on the challenge!! Your card is BEAUTIFUL!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Congrats on your Embellish shout out.