Saturday, November 19, 2011

Butterfly Birthday Card


Virginia is celebrating a big milestone birthday soon and I just wanted to wish her a very Happy Birthday.  She is so talented and so sweet.  She is one of the first designer left encouraging comments on my blog when I started paper crafting. For this card, I know I wanted to used Hero Arts stamp, Basic Grey paper and SRM stickers :)


I also used the inspiration picture from Barb's photo challenge. I used shades of green color and hint of pink on the party favors.


And it is also entered into the Ribbon Reel's current challenge: Butterfly.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Supplies:
cardstock: PTI cardstock,
Patterned paper: Basic Grey out of print
Stamp: Hero Arts artistic Butterflies
Ink: Memento tuxedo black,
Other: Mr Huey's Dewey, embroidery floss, SRM sticker Pin It

13 comments:

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Chunyuan, love the CAS design. Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

Helen said...

What a fantastic card Chunyuan, simple and elegant. I love the butterfly and the amazing sheen to the background. Thanks for playing along at The Ribbon Reel x

Karen B. said...

Beautiful take on the photo and the misting is fantastic!

Virginia L. said...

Hello Chunyuan! It has been a delight to visit your blog from Day one! You sure know me well about using my favorite materials--SRM, Hero Arts and Basic Grey!!! Triple WOW! The composition and colors are stunning! Please share this gorgeous card here (if you like): http://www.flickr.com/groups/heroarts/discuss/72157628141976508/ and http://www.flickr.com/groups/heroarts/ and http://www.flickr.com/groups/1376214@N22/ (and there is a Basic Grey group as well). Thank you so much for making my birthday so special! HUGS!

Lindsay said...

Lovely lovely card Chunyuan! Love the butterfly and the misting!

Brandi said...

What a gorgeous birthday card. I am sure she will love it! I love the misting affect in the background and that butterfly just pops of the card.

Annette said...

wow beautiful card...I am so loving that bright green butterfly...

Emily Leiphart said...

What a beautiful card for Virginia! I love how you used her favourite products to make your card. ;)

Jenny said...

Beautiful card Chunyuan, all the elements have come together perfectly :)
Jenny x

cheiron said...

Gorgeous card...love all the colors together!

onecraftymama said...

So sweet! I love the misting, and the delicate twine bow!

Zuzana Obert said...

Stunning and elegant card. I love it! Thank you for joining in TRRChallenge this week.

Zuz. x x

Trinh said...

Beautiful design!