Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A bright birthday

I made this card last night and did not get a chance to post.  It is a gorgeous color combo at the current play date cafe challenge.  But I really struggled with the color combo, even though both orange and purple are my favorite colors. 

I want to focus the attention on the big birthday sentiment. Flourish and graphic flower were stamped with Memento lulu lavender, and silhouette birds were stamped with Memento grape jelly on white card stock.  Three buttons of various orange color were threaded on orange baker's twine to embellish.


Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill color card stock, PTI white card stock
Stamp: Amuse birthday greetings, Avian notes, ornate elements, clever girls
Ink: Ranger spiced marmalade, Memento lulu lavender, grape jelly
Other: PTI edge die, twinery baker's twine, Hero Arts buttons
Pin It

9 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

I love this color combo.

E.T said...

beautiful card!

lostinpaper said...

This is sooo pretty! Your sentiment truly pops! I love it!

Lindsay said...

This is lovely!! I adore your stamping and how you put together the colors! Great card!

~amy~ said...

okay, aren't you so good for using your new stamps?!!!! Such a fabulous card!!!

Jocelyn said...

Gorgeous (I feel like I say that about all of your cards!). The sentiment really pops, and the buttons look so fab. Amazing card!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a fab card--love the bold colors and the white space with the stamping--great stamping!! LOVE the use of the buttons and twine! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the PDCC and joining in the fun!!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi There ! I can't see any sign of struggling here.>This is a beautiful card very stylish indeed and beautifully crafted.

Marie

Maggie said...

luv the colour combo
I'm inviting you to add your cards to our linking party gallery at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/07/american-pickers-with-linking-party.html
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com